Aftercare is one of the most important parts of the treatment. Each client has to follow the instructions for aftercare closely to achieve perfect results:
- Do not pick carbon crust; it will fall off in a few days.
- Clean the treated area with Octenisept or a similar non – alcohol disinfectant twice a day.
- After the treatment continue applying aftercare cream on the treated area for as long as it is sensitive.
- Avoid sauna, pools, solariums or any kind of exposure to activities which present risk for infection of the treated area.
- Make sure to protect the treated area from direct sun until the skin is completely regenerated (2 – 4 weeks) – SPF 50 Eucerin
- Avoid sunbeds.
- Do not apply products containing alcohol or other scents.
- Until crusts fall off, you may apply colloidal silver to prevent inflammation.
- Do not cover with plasters.
May I use makeup after the Plasma treatment?
Do not use makeup after the treatment, as it is generally not sterile. First 5 – 6 days after the treatment, until the crusts fall off, use the antiseptic product and aftercare cream, applying it softly to the treated area. When the crusts fall off, you may apply some makeup if necessary.
Are the results visible immediately after the treatment?
The results are visible immediately after the treatment, but we have to inform you that the maximum results will be visible after 4 – 8 weeks (or earlier) when the skin enters the third phase of the healing – collagen and connective tissue growth.
How many treatments are required for a perfect result?
This depends on the state of the client’s skin and the desired degree of correction. The client is often satisfied after only one treatment, of course if, e.g. the wrinkles are not very deep, but due to the simplicity of the procedure and the affordable price the clients may opt for two or even three treatments to achieve a perfect result. The procedure may be repeated after the skin is fully regenerated, so 6 – 8 weeks after the procedure.
How long will the effect of the Plasma treatment last?
The results of the Plasma treatment are permanent and may be visible for years. But we should acknowledge that the aging process is continuous and thus the skin ages every day after the procedure and this cannot be stopped. The results of this method are permanent, but when we talk about mimic facial lines (worry lines) these may recur quickly because muscles are stronger than the skin and consequently the lines recur.